Agreement John Avery to Charles Dickson
26 February 1776
Trader John Avery of Windsor, Halifax County received from Charles Dickson of Horton "A Mortgage Deed of Divers Tracts and Parcells of Land lying and being in the Township of Horton." In the exchange, Avery "received fifty Acres of upland included in the aforesaid mortgage Deed being one half of the one hundred acre Lot known by Second Farm Lot Number fourteen in letter C on the South Side of the River Gaspearea and was held in Common with Amor Roathbone." The deed was witnessed by Thomas Browne and Daniel Dickson, and of note is that John Avery's signature has a seal affixed beside it. The deed was registered by Geo. Hallyburton, D.R.
Arthur Wentworth Hamilton Eaton
Land titles-- Registration and transfer--Nova Scotia--Kings County