Old Church, Grand Pre, N.S.
1 postcard : col. ; 8.5 x 13.5 cm. Image of "Old Church" in Grand Pre. Church is surrounded by a white fence. Another building is just visible behind the church. It is also known as the Covenanters Church because the minister from 1833-1840 was a reformed Presbyterian, or Covenanter. It is the oldest Presbyterian church building in Canada (built between 1804 and 1811). Annotation on front of postcard: “Old Church Grand Pre N.S.” Inscribed on reverse in pencil and ink: “Grand Pre Minas Basin / Went in to this / old church. Not / well kept up - / Built about 1810.”
Annapolis Valley Image Collection
Grand Pre (Kings Co., N.S.)